Immaculate Conception School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, color, or race in the enrollment of students.
The primary purpose of the Catholic School is to assist the parents in educating our youth in the Catholic Faith. Normally, students will be admitted to Immaculate Conception School according to the following policies:
- Families registered and active in the parish with children currently in Immaculate Conception School.
- Families registered and active in the parish with children currently attending SRE classes.
- Families registered and active in the parish.
- Catholic families transferring from outside the area parish and who currently are active in their local parish.
- Families from local parishes who do not have their own schools.
- Non-parishioner families with other children currently attending Immaculate Conception School.
- Non-parishioner families who can be supportive of Catholic Education.
- Date of registration
A JUNE 1 DEADLINE WILL BE SET FOR THE ORDERED PRIORITY LISTED ABOVE.
Please note that although a family is registered in the parish that does not mean that the family is “active” in the parish.
Aware of the dignity and call from God and with reverent awe for the responsibility, which is ours to be in word and deed the first teachers of our children, practically, we understand active to mean:
- To participate consistently and actively in the Sunday Eucharist.
- Contribute financially (according to our means) to the parish to assist in the subsidy the church provides to the school. A baseline of $10/week for one child; $15/week for two children; $20/week for three or more children will assist the parish in meeting the needs of all parishioners and continue to subsidize the school operations.
- To do our share in financially supporting the school by taking an active part in fundraising activities.
- For entrance into Kindergarten, a child must be five years of age prior to Aug. 1st of that school year.
- For entrance into the first grade, a child must have satisfactorily completed a Kindergarten program or be tested and show readiness for first grade. Generally, a first grader would be six years old by Aug. 1st of that school year.
- When students are enrolled at Immaculate Conception School they will need to present a copy of their birth certificate, immunization records, health information, social security card, previous school records, and a baptismal certificate (if not baptized at I.C.) at the time of registration.
- Students of Immaculate Conception School must be residing with a parent or legal guardian of a person who has been given power of attorney by a natural parent. Written proof of legal guardianship is required for those students not residing with a parent.
- Parents are expected to discuss any known mental, emotional or physical handicap or learning disability to ascertain whether the school can meet the needs of the child. If information is withheld, the school is under no obligation to honor the enrollment.
- Parents/legal guardians must be willing to uphold all school policies and support the school in its financial endeavors.
- No student may enroll in Immaculate Conception school during a suspension or expulsion from another school.
Requirements for transfer students:
- Prior to admission of a transfer student, the principal will contact the student’s previous school. Admission may be granted if the principal can determine there are no extenuating circumstances that interfere with the learning of students currently enrolled at Immaculate Conception School.
- The pastor’s permission is required for the admission of all new students.
- The parents, student, teacher, and principal may sign a contract for probation.
- A report card from the school formerly attended gives the child’s teacher valuable information regarding the student’s abilities and assists in placement. The principal sends to the previous school for a transcript of records.
- Present a copy of their birth certificate, current immunization records, health information, social security card, previous school records, and a baptismal certificate (if not baptized at I.C.) at the time of registration.
In order for your child to be eligible for admission to Immaculate Conception Preschool, he or she must be:
- Three years old before August 1st (for three-year-old class)
- Four years old before August 1st (for four-year-old class)
Admission priorities are (listed in order):
- Siblings of Immaculate Conception School students
- Members of Immaculate Conception Parish
- General public
Documents necessary for admission include:
- Birth certificate
- Social Security Card
- Immunization Records
- Physical Exam Form
- Baptismal Records
A March 31st deadline will be set for the Preschool’s ordered priority listed above.
Please consult the attached form for current Tuition rates: